FNN24
Africa

Kidnapped Nigerian school boys finally freed

More than 300 boys were kidnapped in Nigeria and Boko Haram claimed responsibility. Howey the boys have reportedly been handed over to authorities.

More than 300 schoolboys who were kidnapped in northern Nigeria last week have been handed over to government security forces, Katsina state Governor Aminu Bello Masari told public broadcaster NTA on Thursday.

Masari said most, if not all, the boys had been released, and that they would be medically examined and reunited with their families on Friday.

Bashir Ahmaad, a personal assistant to Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari, tweeted that the “abducted students of the Government Science Secondary School, Kankara have been rescued, the Katsina State Government has confirmed the news.”

Related posts

Choose between life and death this Christmas, Mkhize tells SA

FNN24 Reporter

BREAKING! Zimbabwe ex-President Robert Mugabe dies aged 95

Frederick Noamesi

Nigeria election office burnt down six days to polls

Frederick Noamesi